Thursday, November 25, 2010

Full Time Artist


Full time artist

Full time artist. Yes that is what I am or more precise what I will commit to be from this day forth. I have been inspired to believe that I can be that and do it despite the hardships I face within my society. Despite the discrimination, the jeers and leers and the voices that say that is not all I can be.

An artist is all I desire to be. I have no wish to be anything but the writer and director that I was born to be, but due to nay-sayers this wonderful desire has taken a back seat. To earn money I did this and that and that and this and all of it left a void deep within.

That is all I know, it is the only thing I am good at, the only thing I can excel at. It is the one thing that allows me to reach beyond my borders of my own limitations. It has enabled me to rise above and fly into skies of dreams and hope.

The women in Zimbabwe are such fighters. And now I too have signed up in their fight. Women of Zimbabwe are so supportive and understanding and I have joined their ranks as a fighting woman.

Lets fight for our rights, for our voices to be heard. Lets fight to see the freedom nestled in our hearts dying to be released. Lets fight for our God given rights to be women of knowledge of wisdom, women who nurture, who achieve and accomplish.

Thank you women of Zimbabwe. Despite the hardships you face, you have found solid ground beneath your feet and have lifted yourself into the whirlwind of what is to be.

I thank you for your love. I thank you for your advice. I thank you for the welcoming that has been so warm and filled my heart to its totality. I thank you for being you and not trying to imitate no one else. I thank you for staying true to your roots and telling stories of your own land with courage.

But most of all I thank you for accepting me as a full time artist and nothing less.


3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord can surely use you in the movie industry.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete