Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Girls Night Out-Part II


The Girls-A very smart saying goes: Watch the company you keep, because bad company corrupts good character. As for me I had a great deal of friends, that came and went but I have some that have stuck by me through thick and thin. There is nothing wrong with going through friends, as some friends are for a season, but it is essential that you recognize who is good for you and keep around you and whom you need to let go. Acquaintances are not friends, be careful, some people are great to hang out with at an exhibition opening and you will have the time of your life, but they might not be the ideal company at an intimate girls night out. The round up of girls is not always the same, sometimes a friend is out of town or a friend from far away is in town or sometimes you want to introduce a new friend of yours to the girls, so that is all acceptable. So they can vary in sizes and dependant on that choose where to go and what to do.

Fashion Talk-I love clothes and fashion and you know that birds of a feather flock together right? So it’s definitely something that I share with my friends. So a lil fashion statement is allowed. A girls’ night out is a great time to catch up on new trends and admire one another’s latest findings. Since winter is creeping up, let’s call her Miz K had the legwarmer style going on. Wearing fabulous shoes and not freezing to death, we love the mere thought of it. Miz K also shares with me a love for bright colours-yay times a million.

Miss F is our lil’ fashionista and she rocked a fabulous blue dress and her accessories were just to die for. Miss N rocked classy shoes and the prettiest earrings in the world (Secret: she has the prettiest earrings in the world) but they did not allow themselves to be photographed :( As for me I had on one of my fave dresses on but I underestimated the chilly winter night breeze, which did no justice to my Barbie doll dress and spent the night clad in my shawl and sought the warmth many a times *sigh*.







Best Kept Girls Night Out Secrets-So here’s the thing about girls night, it’s only envisioned to be girls night for about 3 hours, then you ready to go out there as an entourage and go see people, places and things. It's always good to be on a mission for something, it could be anything. Sometimes it's hooking up people, to sing an out of tune karaoke track, whatever your heart desires. Be creative it can be anything. My mission for the night was to find all things fashionable. I was so impressed on how forthcoming the girls and women were, when we asked to photograph their shoes, bags and rings etc. I know how to make me more girlfriends-lol. But I am getting ahead of myself that is another post altogether. It’s Part 2 of the evening. Girls Night Out Fashion it’s called. Coming soon.

God has blessed me with some good people in my life. Sometimes they drive me absolutely crazy and I have to restrain myself from hiring a hitman to take them out, but all in all I love them to death (well not literally but until the grave anyways). And what’s most important, your girlfriends should be the one you should be able to confide in and be accountable to, about the stupid things you do, the hideous outfit you rocked last week and that boyfriend who should have been kicked to the curb six months ago. In the past 3 years I been going through a lot of changes in my life, a sincere spring cleaning has been happening and it’s great to know I got friends who been by my side. Maybe they don’t quite get me all the time (in their defense, I don't get myself all the time), but what matters is they accept me as their friend walking with Christ and respect my decisions and choices about certain aspects in my lifestyle.

HERE'S TO A GIRLS' NIGHT OUT!

2 comments:

  1. OSHI!! Can't believe I wasn't there?!

    THIS LOOKS JUST FABULOUS and such a great idea :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were not around, else you would have been there love, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete