Sunday, May 8, 2011

Where has 2011 gone???

Where has 2011 gone? As I look at the calendar to discover that it is already May, I wonder what happened to all the other months before it? They flew off my wall calendar and into the winds of a forgotten breeze.

So much has transpired, so much I have already done, so much is waiting to happen that I keep a hand and ear on my heart to hear and feel what God is saying, so that I may be living in his good and perfect will.

2011 is a year of gigantic plans for me. Best of all change. Big change.

Picture this. I am climbing a staircase that leads into the skies. The staircase radiates with glory and can not be touched by that which is not like it. So when I get to a certain level of the staircase and I get tainted (outside influences, wrong thoughts, sin etc) I find myself falling back down. Another remarkable thing that can not go unnoticed about the staircase is how narrow it is. Oh it is narrow. Unbelievably narrow. I can not step one bit to the left or to the right of it, cos if I do the staircase begins to fall away into an endless depth that reminds of Hades.

The one big lesson I am learning in 2011, not just learning, but one I took to heart, one that is sinking so deep into the very soil of my Spirit. How narrow the road to righteousness really is. Scripture says we can not be double minded and we really need to renew our minds. Cos remember the old has gone the new has come. Praise God.

Keep God close, oh so close and never let Him go. You will be amazed at what result steadfast faith can produce for you in a short period of time. That is why Jesus tells us to abide in him, in the vine.

I hope you are experiencing the goodness of 2011, God's favour is upon us and rains down unceasingly. So next time I look at the calendar and wonder where all the months have gone, at least I know what fruits they have produced and what God is doing in me during that time.

God is love. And perfect love casts out fear. Do not be afraid to change, to grow and reach new heights.

1 comment: